Do I have your attention? I thought so!!! This is at least worth a 5 minute conversation that could potentially change your career.
Read below for a few more specifics on what's expected.
Managing Housekeeping Operations:
- Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Monitors room cleanliness scores and develops continuous improvement plan.
- Ensures guestrooms and employee areas are cleaned according to operating standards.
- Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
Managing Departmental Costs
- Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of guestroom and cleaning supplies.
- Understands the importance of department's operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing P&L, budget worksheets and payroll.
- Keeps the Housekeeping team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Develops goals and expectations for direct report managers.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Communicates expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.
Managing the Team
- Maintains sufficient staff to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensures that all staff are properly trained for their positions.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
- Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
I know that's a lot to take in, but all great and amazing things are worth investing some effort into, don't you agree? Click apply and we'll talk soon!