The Corporate Director of Housekeeping will travel to assigned sites to lead or assist Housekeeping operations in need of support. Assignments at each site would be a minimum of two weeks to several months, depending on the needs of the operation and client. He /She is responsible for providing leadership, motivation, accountability and development of MasterCorp personnel within the assigned site and ensuring assigned site is consistently meeting quality and timeliness standards along with budget objectives. In addition, he/she will develop and maintain a professional and effective relationship with resort management, vendors and service providers to MasterCorp and develop and maintain a high level of communication and spirit of partnership with site management team, regional and corporate personnel. The Corporate Director of Housekeeping must ensure Company mission statement and values are followed, always motivated by the best interests of the Company, its employees and customers.
The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain a high standard of excellence at site. Work with the Regional Director or delegate to create and establish plans to ensure site is meeting and/or exceeding established goals and objectives. Ensure site contractual obligations, brand standards, company policies and procedures are followed. Inspire a positive culture at site supporting MasterCorp Values. Ensure a sense of urgency exists at site so that units are turned on time. Ensure all reporting requirements are completed.
Experience and Education Requirements
• Minimum five years’ of progressive responsibility in housekeeping operations with successful mega site responsibility.
• A proven track record of driving strong performance and key field operations metrics.
• Outstanding leadership skills. Inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, train talent and effect change. Track record of building talent.
• Language Skills: Effective written and verbal English communication, bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
• Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel.
• Work Environment: Working weekends, holidays and irregular hours.
• Demonstrate MasterCorp’s core values of Integrity, Pride, Quality, Dependability, and Respect.
• Conduct business in an ethical and transparent manner.
• Able to respond quickly to changing priorities and make good decisions.
• Strong writing, verbal presentation, and client facing skills.
• Outstanding analytical ability with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Superior problem solving and reasoning skills.
• Build positive relationships with peers, management, and customers.
• Strive to continually build knowledge and skills.
• Is approachable & always follows up.
• Display a passion for cleanliness
• Pro-active, self-managing.
• Work irregular hours.
• Requires significant travel, above 80% of the time will be spent on the road
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.