The Area Manager (Specialty Services) is responsible for ensuring the exceptional quality of specialty services results are delivered to our clients, while simultaneously maintaining; Associate and client safety, and compliance, both, regulatory and MasterCorp. The Area Manager (Specialty Services) will meet or exceed specified production rates, by exhibiting seamless communication to their Supervisor. This position is responsible for the entire Specialty Services process in their specified Branch/Area. The Area Manager (Specialty Services) is responsible for the day-to-day field operations of their assigned area and accounts. The Area Manager is knowledgeable of commercial cleaning standards, processes, and protocols and ensures MasterCorp Commercial Services (MCS) values and standards are met. This position also requires management of janitorial services when needed, field work, training of associates at the site level and requires travel within the region(s) as required.
• Manage the day to day operation of Specialty Services and Janitorial (if needed in specific markets) to ensure the daily / weekly / monthly needs of the sites are met.
• Maintain staffing levels at each site to ensure work is completed timely with quality and according to labor budget.
• Identify staff development and training needs and ensure that training occurs as needed.
• Evaluate Associates and coach in order that Associates are successful. If necessary, perform documented counseling with Associates.
• Follow proper procedures for reporting of work-related injuries or incidents.
• Train Associates on technical and administrative duties.
• Respond to and ensure completion of work requests, building inspection notes, client requestes, etc.
• Coordinate job scheduling and work assignments, set priorities as needed, and supervise the work of direct reports at existing accounts and new accounts.
• Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to the work.
• Consistently visit client sites in order to ensure work is completed according to client contracts and MCS standards.
• Control costs related to operations to include but not limited to; labor, supplies, equipment, cell phones, etc.
• Maintain inventories of equipment and supplies, consumables and places orders for assigned accounts within budget. Recruit, onboard, train, and develop new Associates for specialty services related or other services.
• Ensure the safety of our people, clients, and client’s property.
• Communicate opportunities and unprojected needs and challenges upon discovery to the Regional Director of Specialty Services.
• Plan trainings, projects, and other specialty services related events relative to the region.
• Maintain and build relationships with our various clients, by brand and property.
• Conduct specialty services technician performance evaluations and address deficiencies in accordance with MasterCorp’s policies and guidelines.
• Responsible for improving site level “Overall Experience” scores, pertaining to specialty services specifically.
• Maintain a professional appearance in compliance with MasterCorp related policies and protocols, while ensuring that technicians and associates achieve the same.
• Maintain MasterCorp compliant driving privileges and follow all protocols for vehicle operating procedures as specified by MasterCorp.
• Provide clear and concise communication to the Regional Director of Specialty Services and/or other corporate representatives upon request, which may include but is not limited to, quality, client relations, financial information, employees, production, service-related needs and more.
This position works in an operations environment with odors and/or dust and cleaning and laundry chemicals. Additionally, this job operates in a professional office environment routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, faxes, and filing cabinets.